Do I Have a Problem?
Many people wonder how to tell if they have problems with substance abuse. Below are a few self-reflection questions which can give you insight into your drug and alcohol usage.
Make the most important call of your life and contact the treatment center of Jupiter at (561)376-2178. If you are not yet sure if you need the help that we have to offer, consider your life honestly and ask yourself the following crucial questions.
- Do you use drugs or alcohol on a daily basis?
- Have you ever missed work or neglected other obligations as a result of your drug and alcohol use. Some people, for example, are late to work due to oversleeping after a binge. This would also include times you are too busy accessing drugs or alcohol to keep a commitment to meet friends or perhaps being too hung over to attend a morning meeting.
- Do you find that most of the people you associate with also consume drugs or alcohol? Have you distanced yourself from non-drinking or non-using friends?
- Have you ever taken prescription drugs without a prescription or simply for recreational purposes? Have you ever taken prescription drugs not as prescribed in order to get high?
- Have you tried to stop drinking or taking drugs and found that you were not able to quit? Many people make resolutions or commitments to themselves, God, or others to never use again but find that they are quickly back doing the behavior they had sworn to stop.
- Have you ever been unable to remember periods of time after drinking or using drugs? This would include times you have ""blacked out"" while drinking or using.
- Do you find yourself repeatedly begging forgiveness from loved ones or apologizing for behavior as a result of drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever drink or use drugs alone?
- Have family members or friends expressed concern about your drug or alcohol use?
- Have drugs or alcohol caused you to lose interest in activities you used to enjoy? Have you stopped participating in activities that you used to like to do?
- Are drugs or alcohol the first thing you think about upon waking in the morning because you need that fix to ""take the edge off"" or survive the day?
If you answered yes to any of the questions listed above suggests that you may have a problem with drugs or alcohol that is negatively affecting your life. Answering yes to more than one of these questions indicates that you very likely have a problem with addiction, and we are here to help. Please do not lose any more of your life. Please don’t delay; you have so much to live for so please call us now at (561)376-2178.